Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter update 2014!

I see it has been quite some time since I posted to my blog. 

Much has happened during the intervening months. Highlights have been the visits of the grand children, the visit of Gigi's sister and husband, Christmas and all the trimmings, and having a part-time job at the church.

Fcr those of you who remember, last Easter was spent in the Ortho-One Hospital in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India with a double malleolar fracture on my right leg. Thankfully I was truly blessed by having Dennis as a companion and care-giver! His cheerful presence and uncanny ability to anticipate my needs were, and continue to be, very much appreciated.

A quick trip to Ottawa enabled us to visit with the grand children, and see our son, Nick, in his church play, "Alone on the Altar." We also managed to colour eggs, go to the park, have lunch at Eastside Mario's, and visit the Nature Museum.

Today, Easter Sunday, we went to church and were able to witness 12 new members presented to the congregation. The Waffle Extravaganza following church was a great way to share an Easter meal together as a church family. We had plenty of waffles, strawberries, and whipped cream!

This afternoon my wife and I enjoyed a stroll through Monkland Village. This was in sharp contrast to last Easter Sunday afternoon when I lay flat on my back!

The leg has healed nicely and I am thankful for the excellent care I received from The staff at Ortho-One!

Stay tuned for further updates - maybe a few photos!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home