Sunday, June 23, 2013

Homeward Bound!

The taxi left Inter's porch at 2:15 p.m. on Sunday, June 16th!

The time of departure was supposed to be 2:00 p.m. and we would have been on time if the luggage had not all been put in the car before the passengers. Once the luggage was in there was no room in the back seat for 1 passenger! So the luggage was taken out and some of it loaded on to the roof. With the rainy weather we then had to search for tarpaulins to protect the suitcases which were outside. Thanks to the Graham's some plastic tarps were found an the luggage was safely stored and the journey could begin.



The 36 hair-pin bends were negotiated without any problems - such as running into a herd of cattle or some other wildlife! As we drove through the Tiger Reserve we saw deer, monkeys, peacocks, and a wild boar. Obviously there were no tigers in the vicinity that afternoon.

We reached Bangalore Airport after an 8 hour 30 minute journey. The only stop along the way was a 15 minute bathroom break. By 11:15 p.m. I had checked in and had gone through Immigration. No questions were asked this time! Then it was on to Security!

I had to take the water pot out of my hand luggage and take off my shoes and belt. It would seem the plate in my leg was no big deal or cause for concern. The cause for concern was my Zimmer frame walker. Once Security was cleared it was on to the waiting area and a quick snack before boarding the Air France flight to Paris. We were a little early when we landed in Paris at 8:00 a.m. local time which was 11:30 a.m. Ooty time!

Having the Zimmer frame was an advantage as I had the short route through Security at Charles-de-Gaule. Due to inclement weather our flight was delayed and we eventually took off bound for Montreal! Little did any of us expect to find ourselves back at the airport because of a hydraulic problem. After trying to locate a replacement part and other delays the flight was cancelled.Here was my chance to spend the night in Paris! Again, thanks to the Zimmer Frame I was processed rather quickly and found myself waiting for the taxi ride to the hotel. The Customer Service rep who had served me found me and invited me to take a later flight to Montreal. I jumped at the chance!

As exhausted as I was it was a great feeling to arrive at Trudeau (Dorval) and go through Canada Customs quickly (thanks Zimmer) and then have to go to Missing Baggage and file a claim for my bags which were still in Paris. My wife met me and 41 hours after leaving Hebron I was home!

The baggage was delivered to the house before 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday evening.

End of story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home