Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Not much action!

Life is pretty routine and verging on the dull side since I am quite immobile not being able to put any pressure on my right foot!

Classes are in my flat in the dining-room area. I have 13 chairs and space for 3 more students on the bench under the window. I seat myself on the table and make full use of the OverHead Projector! I do have a WhiteBoard for students to use. I do find it rather awkward to hop off and on the table. I can use WhiteBoard markers on the acetates which allows for multiple use as water soluble pens do not seem to be available.

I also have a CD/tape player. So, I am well equipped!

Correcting notebooks is a challenge as it is rather painful to actually sit at the table for any length of time with my foot down. The students are receiving many handouts and photocopied material for Prep. I am able to correct these assignments on the day-bed with my foot up.

Probably the highlight of the week has been having my picture taken with Mr. Domenic the Food Services Head. H e had an accident during the Christmas break and had challenged me to a 100 m dash with our walkers! He has since had his cast removed and so has an unfair advantage!!!

Last Saturday evening I was over at Selborne as one of the judges for the Standard 10 Masterchef competition. The 5 teams of girls really did a great job in responding to the challenge of toppings for jacket potatoes! There were 3 who stood out and declaring a winner was a difficult task. The meal following the competition was in the form of a Potatoe-Bar with jacket potatoes and lots of the various toppings! Mmmmm.....delicious!!!

Dessert, for those who could manage, was provided by the Dorm Parents in the form of homemade Brownies and vanilla ice cream! Again excellent!!! I am ready to act as a judge!!! (hint, hint, hint!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Dad, still with the food!

April 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Wow Bill, challenging someone to a walker race – extreme!!
You must be bored and frustrated.
It sounds like the healing is very slow procedure.
Hope you are making progress though.
Good for you for pressing on.
Gigi will be there soon to set you straight!!

April 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home