Saturday, August 13, 2011

RETURN TO HEBRON



After an absence of 4 years I have returned to Hebron in Ooty, Tamil Nadu. This time I am not alone. I have come to enjoy the sights and sounds of India with my wife.
Our home base will be the Selborne Campus in Ooty.

We will make this our base for travel around India. It is always nice to have a place to come home to and get the laundry done as well as have contact with a great group of fellow travellers.
While we are at Selborne we will be assisting with the Standard 10 girl's dorm.

Before getting too far ahead of myself I guess I should tell you how we came to arrive in Ooty. We left Montreal on August 3 aboard Air Canada for the flight to Frankfurt, Germany.

After about 6 hours at the Frankfurt airport we boarded a Lufthansa flight to Bangalore and arrived shortly after midnight. Once we had gone through immigration and found our luggage we found our designated taxi driver for the almost 7 hour taxi ride to Ooty.

Just before arriving in Ooty we drove through the game reserve and saw some wildlife. More of that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home