Sunday, April 6, 2008

March in review

I guess I am a few days late in posting my blog entry for March. It's hard to believe we are into April. As I look out the window I see piles of snow. We had about 10 more centimeters last Friday, April 4, 2008.

I am enjoying working part-time at my old job. Being able to arrange my hours to suit my schedule is really an advantage. I can come and go as I please as long as the work gets done. I seem to be averaging about 17 hours per week. That's good enough for me.

The really good news for March is that I got my blood test results back from the Montreal General Hospital Tropical Diseases Center. All the tests came back negative. They were not able to tell me what disease I had while on my return from India. They did say that I am not infected now. I am clean! A nice feeling after about 10 weeks of wondering.

Gigi and I managed a few days with our son Nick and his growing family. It was great to see Sue and Darcy and Wesley. Darcy and I had some great moments together on the floor playing with her doll magnet set sent by Auntie Stef. Little brother Wesley did try to get hold of some of the magnets much to the chagrin of his big sister. We even had some snow while we were there. Fortunately we had our boots in the car and so we were not hampered in anything we wanted to do.

Wesley really enjoys playing with and eating the dog sent by Uncle Eric. It was his favorite toy the whole weekend. the little rascal doesn't sleep long during the day. Little cat naps of 15 to 20 minutes here and there. He played strange when we first arrived as he hadn't seen us for just over 2 months and at that age it is understandable. He is now just over 7 months old.

Darcy didn't play strange at all. She could hardly wait to jump into Papa's arms.

The traveling was great in both directions. The 401 was dry and bare. Our timing was good as we managed to avoid the rush hour in both Toronto and Montreal.

We also celebrated Eric's birthday with a family dinner at home which included roast beef and yorkshire pudding. Mmm, good!!

That's about it for March. More later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 18, 2008 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Glad to hear you're disease free! Funny though that no one could tell you what made you so sick...

Say hi to Gigi for me. Hope you're both well.

Why

April 22, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home