Sunday, November 4, 2007

Bollywood?


Saturday, November 3, started off with some very loud music and "one, two, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight" at 7:30 A.M. I had heard a heavy truck drive through the gardens. The film crew were setting up in the Botanical Gardens right below my flat. You will see from the pictures what is meant by "right below." The director or whomever kept calling out "one, two, one, two ..." and the music blared! You can see the roof of my flat through the trees and the group are right below.

After the Men's Breakfast I took my camera and went down to see what was going on at 9:30. I figured there would be a full scale production with all kinds of dancers, singers, actors and others. There was a group of women all in purple saris looking on, as well as others. Was I wrong!

Just one fellow in a green jacket lip-syncing to the music while being filmed. It would seem he never did more than 12 bars of the song before being stopped. The music was a repeated over and over and ... . This continued all day. At least in the afternoon they moved out towards the main gate and the noise diminished. When I went down for the second time at 4:00 P.M. they were still going strong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Mr. T, that is sooooooooo cool! Stephanie will be so jealous!

November 5, 2007 at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home