Thursday, September 6, 2007

Monkeys







This week has been fairly normal up to this point. Monday was the IG's days off. So once I finished teaching at 10:20, I was off. The IG's had decided to meet at Selborne for lunch and Miss Lily laid on a spread. We had quiche, roast beef, rice, macaroni and cheese, vegetables, dhal,rhubarb and custard, cake, and tea. We were stuffed. We had a walk in the Botanical Gardens and then through the Toda village.

Later in the afternoon I went for a haircut. At 35 Rs I think it was a good deal. The local pay 20 Rs!! (1 Rs = $0.026)

On Tuesday morning I had a period off and as the sun was shining I decided to spend some time reading in front of my flat. All of a sudden I noticed shadows moving along the ground. I turned to see several monkeys on the roof looking down at me.

The rest of the week has been quite normal. We are supposed to leave at 7:15 A.M. Saturday morning to go to Coonoor for the Athletics finals - Track & Field. There is a lot of opposition - so stay tuned as a decision will be made today.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home